Top 10 on How to be a man…according to Bing
When I went to search Bing for “manhood” I am glad I caught myself and changed it to “how to be a man,” just in case! When I searched on Bing I got some interesting results that I want to share with you.
There were 113,000,000 results in the web search, 48,800,000 images and 89,400,000 videos.
Some of my favorite web sites that came up (purely the titles) were:
The Art of Manliness (it’s an art, not a science!)
Characteristics of the Ideal Man (is there only one ideal?)
How To Be a Man: A Guide To Style and Behavior For The Modern Gentleman (book available on Amazon)
And my favorite was “How to Be a Man (with pictures)” (I was a little afraid to click on this link)
The videos were a little sad, the top result was “How to be a Ladies Man.” The second video was done by a teenager who drew a mustache on his face and several more looked a little sketchy.
The images were a little better (I made sure my safe search was on and strict!). There was a picture of He-man, a dvd cover from a Steven Segal movie, but the only one that really fit was the one that had a quote from Einstein.
Here are my top ten tips from these sites with as much sarcasm as possible:
10. Carry cash (man I feel manly when my wallet is bursting with so many bills it’s stupid!)
9. A man does not wither at the thought of dancing. But it is generally to be avoided.
8. Keeps his hair neat (got this one covered!)
7. Knows how to lose an afternoon. Drinking, playing Grand Theft Auto, Driving Aimlessly, shooting pool.
6. Knows how to lose a month, also (yikes!)
5. Doesn’t point out that he did the dishes (because you didn’t do them!)
4. Driving alone
3. Does not except charity (Under absolutely no circumstances)
2. Honor the masculinity of other men (what does that even mean? A fancy way of saying don’t break the guy code?)
And the best tip I found!
1. Die well (Apparently you can’t even be a real man until you are dead)
These websites have been very educational….not so much in how to be a man, but that there are way too many guys out there with way too much time on their hands and a distorted view of reality. Obviously these are not my views so please don’t think any worse of me.
Add your own ridiculous man tips below!