It’s been just over a week and I think my brain just fully caught up with me. Things have been a little crazy in the last two weeks, but I wouldn’t change anything. God has been in the process and He continues to guide me. I may not always like the way things have progressed, but in the end His plan is good!
I thought I would update you all a little on what has been going from a week before I left until now.
- Right before I left Ohio, my family and some friends helped me pack a container full of stuff that I wouldn’t see for a month or so.
- Said my tearful goodbyes to my family at Detroit airport (I’m sure I looked rather strange crying while in the security line).
- Hung out with friends in Maryland.
- Prayer send-off and Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser where my friends came out in full-force!
- My flight from DC to Basel, Switzerland had a long layover in London, but other than that was uneventful.
Since my arrival there has been a ridiculous amount of things that have happened (most of which I think I can remember, jet lag definitely kicked my butt!)
- Courtney and Dana picked me up from the airport and have shown me around town, fed me and shown me some of the other places that I will be going to soon to set up the apartment that I have yet to find.
- I’ve set up a bank account, gone car shopping, registered as living here, learned how to grocery shop, and a whole bunch of other things you wouldn’t even think would be necessary.
- On May 13th I am going to start language school in Loerrach. Four hours a day for 24 weeks and that’s just the start! I’m looking forward to it even though I have heard that it is intense and difficult. I’m ready to start speaking German!
That’s all for today, but I plan on sharing more regularly about what’s going on here and other random thoughts that enter my brain. For now I want to leave you with a slideshow of Kandern, Germany, my new town!