Greater Europe Mission (GEM)
Greater Europe Mission is a non-denominational mission agency committed to the vision of seeing God expanding His Kingdom through all the peoples of Europe to the world. We share a common mission; to disciple all peoples of Europe through rapidly reproducing churches.*
Our lives and ministries are shaped by the following beliefs:
- “We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.”
- “We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
- “We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.”
- “We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.”
- “We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.”
- “We believe in the resurrection of both saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.”
Here are some of our distinct beliefs and values (for more go to GEM’s About Us page):
- We believe the Gospel is spread through personal relationships—our lives poured out as an offering for those among whom we serve and live.
- We believe “church” is about people, and not a building or infrastructure. As such, the church can be rapidly reproduced through relationships. As people come to Christ, we immediately encourage them to share the Good News with those they know.
- We believe field workers can play many roles, from trainers to business people. Being a “sent one” is more about how we live than what we do.
- We are not a denominationally funded mission agency, and we believe that the God who owns all the resources in the world will provide for our workers. We see self-support as ministry: it allows you to meet more people and draw them into the worldwide missions endeavor.
* All of the information on this page comes from http://www.gemission.org
Euroteam provides opportunities for exciting short-term mission teams to help build the Kingdom of God in Europe.
With more than 25 years of experience in organizing and leading teams of volunteers, we assist with practical services as well as facilitating evangelistic outreach efforts.
Euroteam does the preparation work by networking with ministries around Europe and North Africa in need of help. We coordinate the details between the local ministries and the short-term team to ensure an effective time of ministry together.
Euroteam works hard to give each team experiences in European culture. Teams get to interact with nationals, often staying in their homes, sharing meals and serving alongside them. Time for an excursion beyond the “work-site” makes sure that this is more than just about the ‘project’. Teams get a glimpse into the life and ministry of those they are serving.
* All of this information came from http://www.gemeuroteam.org
A Euroteam Team
Euroteam looks for church-based teams and individuals that are willing to invest their time and talents to serve God and bring Him Glory. Professional skills and experience are appreciated and necessary for certain projects, but willing hands coupled with a willing heart are required on every team.
Team sizes vary depending on the project. Mature young adults (15 and up) are welcome with adequate older adult supervision. Durations for the trips vary between 10 and 14 days.
Focus for the Teams
What will I be doing?
Technically my mission will be as an instructional designer for Greater Europe Mission’s Euroteam in Kandern, Germany. If you are like most people, you probable just said, “Huh?” Well, let me simplify it some. As an instructional designer I will be creating instruction for English camps throughout Europe. We will partner with different ministries who want to host English camps and provide them curricula to use.
I will also be leading short-term teams who will come over to help run those camps (Interested? Let me know!). We are able to do anything from providing the curricula all the way up planning and running the English camps. It is a blast!