Ok, so that title doesn’t scream catchy for a song, but it sums up my walk from home to work, so I thought it would work! A couple weeks ago I put a video up about the building I will work in and today I will show you how I walk to Kandern (some days).
Hopefully next week I will have the Kandern video all finished so check back!
The title of this blog means “I love it.” What I want to do on a regular basis is show you some of the things that I am loving about my new town and country. Some entries may have videos, some may have pictures and some may be words. Some entries may be a long list and others may be much shorter. Let me introduce you to Germany and allow you to feel like you are here with me.
1. Merci – Kaffee and Sahne (Coffee and Cream) chocolate – This German based chocolate company makes a delicious bar – check it out if you ever get a chance.
2. Fresh pretzels – Oh my gosh they are so soft and delicious here, I can’t even tell you how much I love them!
3. Todtnau Falls – The highest natural falls in Germany. There is a moderately hard trail to the top, but it is worth it for sure.
4. Sankt (Saint) Blasien – The second largest domed Cathedral in Germany. It’s all-white marbled inside is quite a site.
5. Kandern, Germany – The town itself is a cute little town, but it’s history is amazing. There is evidence that it goes back to pre-historic times with the Celts.
6. Riedlingen, Germany – The little village that I will be living in dates back to as early as the early 900’s and looks like the typical quaint village I normally would think of. (More pictures to come later)